As you may know, RMD turned 24 this year! In March, we celebrated our anniversary with the intent to continue to be the smartest, strongest and most fun agency around, all while being driven by our trademark values.
Any RMDer will tell you: RMD is all about the culture. So, what makes our workplace one we all love coming to every day?
RMD’s culture is like no other. While the formula for a perfect workplace may not exist, we think that by understanding that it is a collaborative effort and that it is something we consciously work to maintain every day, we’ve come pretty darn close. Here’s a taste of what we think makes our agency great!
1. Mojo Lunch. Hey, a team’s gotta eat, right? Mojo Lunch on Friday is a perk this hungry team never takes for granted!
2. Quarterly outings. Team building makes the world, er, RMD go round!
3. It might seem unnecessary, but the RMDers who plank every day around noon know that all it takes to re-center is a couple of abdominal building minutes!
4. #ThankfulThursday. Teambuilding makes RMD go round, but gratitude is at the heart of all we do, and Thankful Thursday reminds us of that.
5. Hear a dance-worthy song play over the speakers? RMD encourages dancing to put yourself in peak state. Try it. You’ll feel like you can take on the (PR, creative, social media, web) world!
6. You read right. A gong helps us to celebrate the big and small victories audibly throughout the day!
7. #AttitudeOfGratitude. An RMD-inspired way of celebrating the gifts (big and small) we each give to one another every day. #AttitudeOfGratitude to you for giving our blog post a read!
8. Soul train. Whether we’re saying goodbye to a team member for a short while or saying so long for a longer period, our version of Soul Train sends ‘em out in a classic RMD manner.
9. They’re our official Directors of Stress Management, and they do a darn good job!
10. Pro Best. Held every Friday, Pro Best is our time to come together and become the high-quality professionals that help to make RMD special.
11. Mojo follows Pro Best each Friday. It’s our time to reconnect and reflect on yet another outstanding week.
12. Virtual showers. RMD throws one heck of a shower. Wedding and baby showers are our specialties!
13. Community work. Because we’re all like-minded individuals, work like that we do with Wagons Ho Ho Ho is something we have a great deal of pride.
14. Food holidays. National Ice Cream Day isn’t just a fun food holiday to share across social media; it’s also an excuse to indulge in our favorite ice cream brand: Graeter’s Ice Cream!
15. Revolutionizing the way we hold meetings, you have to experience a sprint to see how much more productive they make us!
16. Book club. In our commitment to excellence, we love meeting every Tuesday and Thursday morning to share our thoughts on that month’s industry-related book. Check out a few books worth reading.
17. No, we’re not slacking. We just use Slack as our agency-wide message board to celebrate victories, share ideas and feel connected. Sound off!